Exactly a month from today I will be celebrating the upcoming marriage of my brother and his fiance at their wedding shower! I am so excited because I am planning and hosting the shower, and after trying to peg down my future sister-in-law’s style and favorite things, I ended up deciding on a garden party theme!
My sister-in-law’s style is best described as feminine boho and some of her favorite things include tea, clothes, old movies, and traveling. She is sweet as spring sunshine, has the most bubbly personality, and is the real life definition of an old soul. I’m so excited to welcome her to our family because she has become one of my closest friends. For that reason, I feel so blessed and excited to be planning and hosting her shower!
Now, you may have noticed above that I used the words wedding shower and not bridal shower. Simply put, my extended family (while quite large) is not very close and it ends up always being difficult to get a decent amount of people to attend any event. So, I figured by including my brother in the celebration and making it a co-ed shower, I’d have better odds of ending up with a larger turnout!
I absolutely LOVE planning parties and events, I feel that it’s one of the best ways to make use of my creativity. I get so excited and passionate about it, and really try to go above and beyond in making it as special as I possibly can! Although, with a daycare teacher’s salary, it can be quite the challenge to throw an amazing event on a small budget. Fun, but a challenge nonetheless!
So, I wanted to share a few ideas I’m brainstorming for the shower and some photos that capture what I’m trying to create!
- Theme: Garden Party, with travel and tea party undertones
- Location: My Parent’s house, on the deck and in the backyard
- Colors: White, cream, greens, magenta, mint, gold, coral
- Menu: Brunch! Assorted bagels and breakfast pastries, a scrambled egg bake, fresh fruit, croissant sandwiches, pasta salad, iced coffee, make-your-own parfait bar, cheese and crackers, etc.
- Decorations: chalkboard signs, hydrangeas, greenery, flower crowns, dreamcatchers, glitter feathers, gold mylar balloons
- Favors: luxury bar soap, jam, candles, mugs
So there ya have it! I’ve had so much fun gathering all of these ideas and creating the plans for the shower I am envisioning in my head, and I can’t wait to start heading out to some stores to gather the items I need and start piecing together this party. I’m looking forward to sharing more details with you guys as I keep working!
Hope you all are having a wonderful day!